PEWAUKEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS STUDENT NETWORK (INCLUDING INTERNET) USE PROCEDURES
The Pewaukee Public Schools believes that knowledge of technology and electronic information is fundamental to learning. The District encourages reasonable access to various information formats and believes it is incumbent upon users of this technology to avail themselves of this privilege in an appropriate and responsible manner.
Access to the technology in the Pewaukee Public Schools has been established for educational purposes. All school computer network accounts must be used in support of the educational objectives of the District. You are responsible for anything sent on the network with your name on it. The use of the Pewaukee Public Schools network is a privilege, not a right, which may be revoked at any time for abusive or inappropriate conduct.
***You are expected to abide by the acceptable policy of network usage including but not limited to the following:
LEGAL USE OF NETWORK
- All illegal activities are strictly forbidden including accessing or transmitting obscene, abusive, sexually explicit, or threatening language or materials.
- Students may not load software/applications onto district computers.
- Students may not copy commercial software for use by friends.
- Students may not copy software from the Pewaukee Public Schools computers for any reason.
- Appropriate language must be used in all private and shared documents.
PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Do not reveal your name, address, phone number, etc. or personal information of your friends to anyone.
- Under no circumstances should a personal password/account be provided to another person.
- You may not use an account other than your own nor misrepresent your identity.
- All software (networked and non-networked) must be loaded by and stored with the Technology Coordinator.
- It is unacceptable to relocate computers, add or remove peripherals, remove any cords or connections, or dismantle a computer in any way.
- The principal must give permission prior to students bringing computer hardware into the district for special projects.
- Students and their parents/guardians will be responsible for any damage and will be held responsible for the replacement of parts or technician time to correct that which has been altered or destroyed.
- Pewaukee Public Schools reserves the right to monitor all District technology. The District also reserves the right to search Internet accounts accessed with school equipment without permission if it is felt that illegal or otherwise inappropriate use of the technology is occurring.
- Improper use of the District’s technology, including the Internet, will result in fines, loss of network privileges, suspension or expulsion as deemed appropriate.
- Students who vandalize equipment or who fail to abide by the above provisions may have their network privileges removed for part or all of the school year.