The mission of the Pewaukee Public School District’s School Counseling Program is to maximize all students’ abilities to develop strategies that support their academic achievement, self-awareness, interpersonal skills and career awareness.
The Pewaukee Public School District School Counseling Program is based on the National Standards for School Counseling Programs and the Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model, which integrates academic, career, and personal /social development. The school counseling program reflects the progression of student development from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. It is delivered through a direct service program consisting of the following components:
- School Counseling Curriculum (currently in 5K, 1, 2 grade classrooms, 2x/month)
- Individual Planning (working with parents and teachers to plan interventions for individual students)
- Responsive Services (short term solution focused counseling for individual or groups of students)
- System Support (variety of activities as determined by the need of what it takes to educate children)
Curriculum topics focus on:
- Skills for Learning
- Emotion Management
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Career Awareness
- Social Skills
- Safety & Wellness
- Self-Knowledge & Self-Management
Small Counseling Groups (Counselor, Teacher, and Parent referral with parent permission to participate)
Students can sign-up or ask their teacher to meet with Mrs. Howard to help solve their problem. The goal in meeting is to help brainstorm a solution to the problem in which the student(s) can carry out.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Laura Howard
Pewaukee Lake Elementary School Counselor
For more information please visit my Counseling site.