SOCIAL STUDIES CURRICULUM
On June 28, 2021 the Board of Education will be presented with the revised curriculum that has been in development since fall 2019. Below are summary highlights of what will be presented to the Board of Education:
- We believe that all PSD students will think and work like a Social Scientist, and be engaged, responsible, and informed citizens about the world around them.
- We believe that students will engage in reading, writing and presenting to effectively communicate and actively contribute to society.
- Students should be prepared for college and careers, but also learn to be active and engaged in civic life
- Technology should enhance the lesson, not drive it, and should ask students to create and engage, not just receive information.
- Social studies education should be inquiry based.
- Continued connections built to the PSD Graduate Profile competencies
- Alignment to the 2018 Wisconsin State Standards and 2020 PSD grade reconfiguration
- Thematic 4K/5K experiences
- Review of course changes previously made (PHS dual credit & Leadership Principles course)
Social Studies Documents:
- Board of Education Public Memo
- Board of Education Presentation
- Primary Resource List
- K-5 Social Studies
- 6-8 Social Studies
- 9-12 Social Studies